Writing Fellows (Peer Writing Tutors)
Undergraduate students who are hired as writing fellows work during our evening hours. If students are selected through the application process, they are enrolled in the training course, WRTG 245: Advanced Writing and Peer Tutoring, before beginning tutoring the following semester.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 (Alternatively, if you feel that your situation warrants an exception, please contact Stefanie Sydelnik.)
- Be in good standing
- Have fulfilled their primary writing requirement (PWR)
- Be a first or second year student
Applicants must also have at least one recommendation that will be submitted electronically using Writing Fellow Recommendation Form.
How to Apply
Application deadline: Friday February 24th
To apply to become a fellow, fill out the online writing fellow application and submit it electronically to the Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program.
General Interest Meetings (Free pizza provided)
- Monday, January 30th 5pm in G121A - Conference Room A
- Friday, February 10th 12pm in G121A - Conference Room A
If you have any additional questions, contact our Recruitment Coordinator, Evan Volkin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Review Process
After an initial review of all applications, the strongest candidates will be invited for a personal interview with a current writing fellow and a group interview with the executive director or the assistant director of the Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program, and a few current writing fellows.
For additional information, email email@example.com.