ECO Writing Instructor
Period of Instruction
July 12 - August 6, 2021
You will also be required to attend an initial planning meeting in late spring, several planning meetings during the weeks prior to ECO, and a debriefing meeting held early in the fall.
Previous experience teaching WRTG 105/E at the University of Rochester. Because OMSA prefers continuity in its staff, preference is sometimes given to people who have previously taught or tutored in the ECO program. In accordance with the goals of the ECO program, priority is given to applicants who will be teaching in the Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program (WSAP) in the fall semester.
- Participate in the development of the ECO writing course in May-June
- Work with other ECO staff in assessing students’ needs, strengths, and weaknesses
- Offer instruction during designated class hours (approximately 11 class sessions)
- Offer 12-20 hours of writing tutoring
- Maintain and submit appropriate records of students’ performance including attendance, participation, and grades as well as evaluative notes
- Confer with each student about his or her progress
- Refer students to support services, including Career Center, Learning Center, OMSA, etc., as appropriate
- Attend all staff meetings (one general staff meeting per week, one writing meeting per week)
- Participate in course planning and orientation sessions
- Advise each student in making their decision about fall writing placement in WRTG 105 or 105E
- Participate in the planning of fall ECO programming
Application Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV (include any experience using technology in a writing classroom)
- A brief statement: in one to two pages, please explain your teaching philosophy and what you believe you can contribute to the ECO program
- Teaching Evaluations: please submit at least one full set of evaluations from previous teaching experiences in the WSAP
- A recommendation from someone who has observed your teaching
Please contact Stefanie Sydelnik.
The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled