WRT 105E, A/B Instructor Mentor
Prior to the beginning of the fall semester the WRT 105E, A/B instructor mentor will:
- Meet with new WRT 105E, A/B instructors to discuss how the WRT 105E, A/B syllabus, assignments, and class pace/focus differ from those in WRT 105 classes
- Lead a few blackboard or in-person discussions around key EAPP readings WSAP (directors and coordinators will help you compile this reading list); ideally, these discussions should take place before the course begins, although it may turn out to be useful to also have discussions of this kind once or twice in the fall
During the fall semester the WRT 105 E, A/B instructor mentor will:
- Meet with other mentors and Matt Bayne to establish purpose and guidelines for the mentoring process, and update Matt at the middle and end of the semester
- Meet with new instructors as a group during the first week of the fall semester to discuss how the first days of teaching are going and to offer support as needed
- Coordinate observations among those in the group: all mentees should observe the mentor's class and the class of at least one other mentor-group member
- Bring the mentor group together to discuss class observations
- Share instructional materials, and more generally
- Meet with the group approximately once a month to touch base and offer necessary individual support
For the WRT 105E, A/B mentor process, meetings take place prior to and during the fall semester (not in the spring). These mentor meetings will not replace practicum meetings, but rather offer opportunities for new instructors to talk about teaching issues in a low-key context with more advanced instructors.
WRT 105E, A/B instructor mentors receive a $1,000 stipend.
To apply, please send a brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should explain what you would bring to new instructors and highlight experiences that would speak to your ability to serve as a mentor.
Decisions will be based on teaching performance and relevant experience. Please note that mentors must be teaching WRT 105E, A/B while serving as a mentor.
Application review begins Monday, April 16, 2018.
The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled