WRT 105 Instructor Mentor
During both fall and spring semesters, the mentor should:
- Meet with other mentors and Deb/Stef to establish purpose and guidelines for mentoring process, and update Deb/Stef mid- and end- of semester
- Meet with new instructors as a group during the first week of the fall and spring semesters to discuss how the first days of teaching are going and to offer support as needed
- Coordinate observations among those in the group: in the fall, mentors should observe mentees’ classes, and mentees should observe the mentor’s class; in the spring, mentors should observe mentees’ classes once; and mentees may observe the mentor’s class, the class of another experienced instructor, or meet with an experienced instructor to discuss principles and/or strategies for teaching writing
- Bring the mentor group together to discuss class observations
- Share instructional materials
- Meet with the group approximately once a month to touch base and offer necessary individual support
These mentor meetings will not replace practicum meetings, but rather offer opportunities for new instructors to talk about teaching issues in a low-key context with more experienced instructors.
Instructor mentors receive a $1,000 stipend.
To apply, please send a brief letter of interest to email@example.com. The letter should explain what you would bring to new instructors and highlight experiences that would speak to your ability to serve as a mentor.
Decisions will be based on teaching performance and relevant experience. Please note that mentors must be teaching WRT 105 or WRT 105E or A&B while serving as a mentor.
Application review begins Monday, April 16, 2018.
The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled