Internal candidates preferred.
The Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program at the University of Rochester is seeking applications for one or more Assistant Professor non-tenure-track positions. This appointment begins with a two-year contract that may be renewed as a four-year renewable contract. We seek candidates with a primary commitment to teaching, an interest in research, and the ability to contribute positively to our innovative and collaborative interdisciplinary community. A Ph.D. in writing studies, composition/rhetoric, or related field is expected, but ABDs will be considered. Competitive Salary.
- teaching 24 credits per year, typically a combination of 4- and 2-credit courses distributed evenly across the fall and spring semesters,
- teaching some combination of first-year composition and upper-level writing courses,
- attending Program meetings and workshops and,
- providing faculty development workshops on occasion, and
- generally helping to strengthen current and emerging programs.
While research is not required, we support faculty research through collaborative research projects, writing groups, and conference support. For more information about our program, please refer to writing.rochester.edu.
Apply through the college recruiting website here. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, one- to two-page teaching philosophy, examples of scholarly work, course evaluations, and three letters of recommendation to the Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program. In your cover letter or teaching philosophy, please help us see why you have decided on a career in teaching writing.
Application review will begin February 5, 2018.
The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled