International Freshman Writing Boot Camp Adjunct Instructorimmersion site
The salary for teaching this course is $3,000.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Period of Instruction: July 27 – Aug 21, 2015
Previous experience teaching WRT 105E, WRT 108, EAPP, or ECO at the University of Rochester. In accordance with the goals of the College, priority is given to applicants who will be teaching in the Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program in the fall semester and have experience in working with international students.
- Participate in course development and planning sessions prior to camp
- Work with a curriculum that centers on the theme Sense of Place and Rochester’s History to prepare admitted UR international freshmen to successfully transition into WRT 105/WRT 105E
- Offer class instruction from Monday–Thursday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. to approximately 10 students in one class
- Collaborate with other instructors to create a cohesive learning experience
- Attend one writing staff meeting per week
- Maintain and submit appropriate records of students’ performance including attendance, participation, and grades
- Confer with each student about his or her progress
- Advise each student in making their decision about fall writing placement in WRT 105, WRT 105E, WRT 105A/B, or EAPP
- Attend orientation and program end celebrations (optional)
- Participate in group trips and activities (optional)
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of interest
- Permission to access your WSAP course evaluations
Please contact Paige Sloan, EAPP Director or Crystal Cusimano, Director of Summer Programs.